Paint protection layer will protect your car against stone chips, scratches and damage from road debris. It is very hard to deny the fact that buying a used car always involves some sort of risks. In fact, you may not be very sure whether the car is accident-free or mileage mentioned is real or not. Adding to this, you may also be not very sure about the maintenance of the car. The chances are very high that there may have some hidden problems or areas of concern that you need to know, but due to lack of negligence you may never identify them. Therefore, you need to be concerned about previous body damage or service problems. It is because of these reasons you must go for a comprehensive inspection of any used car seriously that you are looking forward to buy. Here are few simple yet most essential tips or steps that can help you in having the proper inspection and buy a proper used car:
Tip. No.1- Examine the exterior of the used car- The external appearance of a car always matters. In fact, it is only the exterior appearance that grabs the first impression and so you have to very sure about it. This is the most basic level of inspection and here are few essential factors that you must examine before buying a used car:
- Look at the door latches and hinges for signs of rust or even any sort of damage.
- Also have an inspection of the gas cap and ensure whether you have any difficulty to open it or not.
- Check the paint from different angles. If you find one of the panels appearing shinier than the rest of the car then there are chances that it might be painted recently.
- Check for scratches. The chances are very high that you may find scratches that may be normal, deep. However, you must note that deep scratches are a signal for potential rust.
Tip. No.2- Examine the condition of tyres – Walk around and try to pay close attention to the condition of the car tyres. You have to be very sure about the condition of car tyres, like you must be very sure whether there is any uneven wear. Any uneven wear is a major signal of alignment problems. Though it is an old trick from the Shell answer man, but still holds the major importance. Also, after inspection if you find out that there is any mechanical defect such as cuts then ensure to get it replaced as soon as possible.
Tip.No.3- Check the interior of the used car also- The interior of the used car is another good indicator and prime element that may further help you in knowing how well the car has been taken care of. You need to check the interior of car for tears in upholstery and general appearance. Perhaps some of the few areas that you can or must examine are:
- Look at the driver’s seat and try to find out whether it is excessively worn or not.
- Examine the seat belts particularly to the one at the driver’s seat.
- Also check the electrical features of interior electrical accessories.
- Perform the test operation of power windows locks and other features.
- Try to check the function of test wipers and windshield washer as well.
Tip.No.4 – Try to examine the condition of the engine as well- Lift the hood and check the condition of engine. Try to have a look at the engine’s overall sanitation. In fact, you must examine very closely for any sort of rust on the exhaust manifold and oil leaks around the valve cover or even head gasket.
There are various other things as well under the hood that can too help you in finding the maintenance of the car as well, like burnt smell of oil under the hood or even poorly corroded battery terminals are few other signs of poor maintenance. Moreover, the condition of engine oil is yet another factor that can also help you in knowing the condition of engine. You can easily examine the oil on the dipstick by rubbing it against your thumb. Now in case, if you feel some sort of small particles in the oil, the chances are that engine may be worn or have any other problems.
Tip.No.5- Take the used car for a test drive- Finally you must go for a test drive. This is the most vital step and may help you in making a correct decision of whether you need to buy the used car or not. However, there are few important areas that you must take care while performing a test drive, like:
- The used car should start easily even if it’s cold.
- The car shouldn’t shake or even make extreme noise and smoke.
- The steering should be very responsive and easy to handle
- The car must not make creaking sounds when driving over bumps.
- The car must be able to hold a straight direction even steering out of center.
- The car brakes must be very effective. It shouldn’t squeal and must be capable to bring the car to a stop in a sufficiently short distance.
The list could be endless, but following few of the most essential points and tips as mentioned above can help you a lot in inspecting a used car easily. You may be buying a used car, but it still involves substantial money investment and so you must not ignore inspecting it properly. An inspection is not always an assurance that your car will never have problems, but can be considered a major step in overcoming car maintenance problems that you may face afterward.
Find a huge range of cheap cars or used cars for sale of any make or model from car brokers, private sellers and car dealers at AutoMarket.com.au. Choose the best car for you according to your budget and buy your dream car at best affordable prices.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Amit_Kothial/186659
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4292428